Discover the benefit of insulation with curtains in your home
If you are looking for an easy and cost-effective way to keep your home warm in the colder months, you might want to consider curtains. While there is a slew of home improvements you can make to enhance the warmth of your home, such as double glazed windows and insulation, the perfect solution can be as simple as investing in some quality curtains. Plus, curtains have the added benefit of being an attractive addition to your home, as well as adding value.
Do curtains keep you warm in your home? Read on to find out — and then explore our range of high quality, Australian made curtains to choose your perfect fit.
Do curtains keep you warm in the home?
Unless you already have double glazing or some kind of insulating film on your windows, there will likely be a fair bit of heat transfer taking place through the glass. What this means is that plenty of the warmth within your home will be lost as it comes into contact with the chill of the outside via your windows. You can protect against this happening with a very simple solution: curtains!
- At iSeekBlinds we offer a range of high-quality curtain fabrics, many of which offer insulation properties so that you can retain the warmth of your home with ease.
- We offer fabric samples to every customer, and we recommend that you get some free samples of our fabric just to feel the thickness and softness of our curtain options.
Plus, you can choose from our range of colours and ensure that the curtains you choose perfectly match your home.
What kind of curtains do I need to choose for the best warmth?
- We recommend that if you are seeking insulation properties and looking for the greatest heat retention that you opt for the thickest possible fabrics.
- Many of our blackout curtains and room darkening curtains offer the added benefit of enhanced insulation, along with the benefit of a darkened room for better quality sleep.
What this means is that if you are looking for blackout curtains already, you can rest easy knowing that you'll enjoy greater insulation as a benefit.
Should I layer curtains for the best warmth retention?
An option for customers who are looking for added insulation is to double up on the curtains in their home. For example, you may already have sheer curtains in part of your home.
- Doubling up on curtains is great for insulation, as even a thin layer of fabric can enhance the insulating capacity within your home.
- With another layer of curtains on a separate set of curtain tracks, you can enjoy the best of both worlds - sheer and blockout.
- You can also layer curtains with roller blinds, to give you the ultimate in practicality, flexibility and insulation benefits.
Double curtains allow you to enjoy the daytime sunshine with your sheer curtains and then trap in the heat of the day with blackout curtains which can be pulled shut at night.
Tips for the best fitting curtains
When you are looking to enhance the insulating properties of your home, it helps to ensure that your curtains fit your windows well. Take measurements of your windows and ensure that you have got the size of your windows just right.
When you choose iSeekBlinds you are choosing high-quality and affordable curtain options which make getting the perfect curtains for your home, easy. We have a range of instructional material on how to install your curtains including these guides:
- Explore our range of instructional videos to find out more about how to correctly measure up your windows for your curtains.
- Take a look at our installation instructions and download your free guide for how to get the perfect fit.
We are also available to help you with any questions you may have and are happy to chat about your options.
Speak to our friendly team today and get ready for winter with iSeekBlinds
Winters in the southern end of Australia can get pretty cold, so if you're looking for an affordable and attractive way to gain greater insulation in your home, choose thick and luxurious curtains from iSeekBlinds. We are a Melbourne-based business with all of our curtains made to our exacting specifications right here in our Melbourne warehouse. You can be assured of high-quality curtains and friendly service when you choose us for your curtains.
Curtains in the home offer a huge range of benefits, including:
- Greater insulation and protection from those cold winter nights
- Privacy and comfort in your home, knowing you are protected from view
- An attractive and affordable way to enjoy greater comfort
- Added value to your home
We would love to help you select the perfect set of curtains for your lounge room, bedroom, or dining room.
Take a look at curtain options on our website, or if you would like to speak to one of our friendly staff members, please call us today on 1300 664 257.