Complete the look of your room with sheer curtains
No matter whether you are a sheer curtain lover or are just getting into the world of these beautiful and refined window dressing options, this short guide on making sheer curtains look good is for you.
Sheer curtains sit well with refined and classic styles just as easily as they can be used to great effect in modern and contemporary design for your home. The key things to consider when choosing sheer curtains for your home are the fabric and the finishing style. At iSeekBlinds we have a huge range of fabric options, colours, and options available to suit every style of home and style. Read on to find out how to complete the look of your home with sheer curtains for every room.
Not sure where to start? Take a look at our stunning collection of sheer curtains. Order now for fast delivery around Australia, ready for immediate installation.
Why choose sheer curtains?
Sheer curtains may have had a reputation in the past as being dated - but this could not be further from the truth. Gone are the days of sheer curtains hanging limply over the kitchen sink, today's sheers are elegant and flowing - gently draping the floor, or adding a stylish frame to an outdoor area.
You have so many options with sheer curtains, and it is their adaptability that makes them such a popular choice with today's homeowners. You can purchase different options in terms of transparency, colour, and fabric; and the difference in each means that you can design your sheer curtains to suit how much light you want in each room.
After all, a sheer curtain's purpose is mainly two-fold: privacy, and light. Beyond those key benefits, you also enjoy the additional benefit of sheer curtains providing an attractive feature in your home.
Designing your sheer curtains
The first thing you need to think about when planning your sheer curtains is how you want them to sit in your home. Do you want them to be voluminous and flowing, billowing with the slightest gust?
- To achieve a truly elegant style, ensure your sheer curtains look generous. We make our s-fold sheer curtains in a continuous fashion and at a minimum 200% fullness (meaning that the fabric width is twice the length of the track) which gives volume and depth to the curtain when hung.
- Do you want your curtains to drape the floor or sit flush? A sheer curtain can look incredibly refined when there is a small amount of gathering at the base.
- Choosing the right style of tracks for your sheer curtains is equally important, and whether you opt for a ceiling or wall mount, or a curved track, we have the options to suit your home.
A great option for more privacy with great control is to invest in sheer curtains with a blind behind them. That way you can raise your blinds during the day for sunlight, but lower them at night for privacy.
Choosing the colours for your sheer curtains
The choice of sheer colour style is something that will depend on the style of your home, the decor in your room, and what type of look you are trying to achieve. We love seeing customers using our free samples to ensure that their curtains perfectly suit their home , and provide this option to all customers to ensure you are satisfied with the end result. Not sure what colours to choose? We have a couple of top tips:
- Consult Pinterest and online style guides to find colour options that will match your home
- Consider using a colour wheel to find a colour or style of curtains for your home and the rooms within it
- Explore our online Inspiration Gallery for some previous design choices from other happy iSeekBlinds customers
We are also happy to discuss your options with you and are here to help with your curtain choices. Simply get in touch online or give us a call to speak to one of our friendly team members.
A final word on selecting sheers for your home
If you want to ensure that your sheer curtains fit perfectly with your home, we have a couple of tips to ensure you get the most from your sheer curtain design choices:
- Select your colour based on what will work in harmony with your home, furnishings, and design
- Keep it simple — don't worry about curtain tiebacks or the frilled edges of the past – today's sheers are simple and elegant with clean lines
- Choose a curtain track that will suit your desired end result, whether you want a modern look, a classic style, or something else altogether
- Consider creating a wall-of-sheers, and arrange the curtain stacks around windows, doors, and furniture.
Have some questions about sheer curtains? Speak to our friendly customer service team today. We are Melbourne's leading DIY sheer curtain specialists and we are only too happy to answer any questions you may have. Call us on 1300 664 257, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org