How to Measure - Getting Started
Get Your DIY On!
Measuring for your Plantation Shutters is so much easier than you think! We have all the tools to teach and guide you through the simple process.
Step 1: Check Measure Work Sheets
Before you start measuring, print off one of our handy Plantation Shutter Check Measure Worksheets to record your measurements
Click on the links below to download your Check Measure Worksheet
Always work from left to right across the window when taking your measurements.
Step 2: Plantation Shutter Panel Layouts
Use in conjunction with your check measure worksheet to select the Layout best suited to the overall width and flow of your window.
* IMPT Please Note: The Layout number does not equate to the number of Panels in that layout. eg Layout 3 = 2 x panels in the configuration
Click on the links below to download your Panel Layouts Options
Remember Michael's 2 simple rules
Aesthetically pleasing it is preferable to have less panels than risk overcrowding your window and blocking your light and view with too many panels.
If you window is on a larger scale, Basswood plantation shutters are the ideal choice. The maximum width for each individual Basswood shutter panel is 950mm, with a drop down to 3000mm. In addition they are lightweight making it easier to install.
For larger windows, T-posts are used with any frame type where the size of the window requires three, four or six panels etc. T-Posts divide windows vertically to match the flow of the window design and cover large spaces.
- Getting a precise and accurate measurement is the first step to a perfect shutter.
- Always use a steel tape measurer or a laser measurer for accuracy – make sure the tape measure is straight and tight when you take your measurements.
- Always measure to the closest millimetre
- Do not take any deductions (iseekblinds will do this for you)
- Measure all windows, even those that appear to be the same width and height
- From the front door, turn hard left. This becomes window 1 and then work clockwise. Repeat upstairs if required. Add the room name to each of your shutters as you order them to make installation super easy.