Delivery & Timings for Plantation Shutters
Timings for manufacturing - PVC plantation shutter kits
On average it takes approximately 3 weeks* for your PVC plantation shutters kits to be manufactured from placement of order. At certain times, events outside of our control may affect this timeframe.
The processing and manufacturing of orders will begin the following business day. This means if you place your order on Monday, your days commence from Tuesday and your shutters will be dispatched approximately 3 weeks* later.
* Excludes any weekends or public holidays.
* Manufacturing timeframes can extend during busy periods, especially the lead-up to Christmas. Please view our current manufacturing timeframes here.
* If there are any stock delays outside of our control we will notify you when we receive your order to advise of any unavoidable delays.
* Please note: - If you place an order for additional products on the same order as your shutters, extra shipping charges may apply. Please refer to the "Splitting delivery" question as you go through the checkout process.
Timings for deliveries - PVC plantation shutter kits
Once your plantation shutters have been manufactured, they will be prepared for dispatch. At this time, we will send you an email advising you of your delivery details. Delivery times may vary depending upon your location.
*Please note - we cannot accept a PO box or parcel locker for a delivery address.
Plantation shutter kit delivery charges
Our standard shipping rate for plantation shutter kits is calculated by square metre per order. This will be calculated for you as you proceed through the checkout process. You can see your delivery charges total in the 'order summary' page just prior to payment being made. Delivery for plantation shutter kits is charged at approx $17.50 per square metre, with a minimum charge of $33.
Please note that iSeekBlinds is unable to store your plantation shutters. As soon as your plantation shutters have been manufactured:
- If you have requested delivery, your plantation shutters will be prepared for dispatch the same or following business day.
- If you have requested to pick up, you will be notified via email when your plantation shutters are ready for collection. Please arrange to collect your plantation shutters within 7 days.
Additional freight charges
- Please note additional freight charges may apply for some regional/remote areas. Long length surcharges may also apply - see below for more information.* When your order is received, iSeekBlinds will assess it for any additional freight charges owing. We will contact you if extra delivery charges need to be applied. iSeekBlinds does not add any margin to freight and passes on the surcharge cost direct from our freight company. Please contact us on 1300 664 257 prior to placing your order if you'd like a quotation/confirmation of estimated delivery charges.
Plantation shutter kits now delivering Australia wide
iSeekBlinds delivers plantation shutter kits Australia wide. This now includes WA!
Please note delivery times may vary depending upon your location.
*Western Australian customers: Our innovative, new and improved Plantation Shutter self-assembly kits, have provided a solution to ship these products safely to WA.
The new PVC Plantation Shutter self-assembly kits come in easy-to-assemble pieces, meaning the boxes are much smaller, with much less risk of damage during transit. This enables us to ship our shutters all over Australia, including Western Australia! Identical in quality, colour and appearance to our previous PVC Express plantation shutters, these easy self-assembly shutters require a little more of your DIY time but will give you an end result that is just as stunning.
Authority to leave
iSeekBlinds will advise you of our dispatch date when your order leaves our warehouse. As it is not possible to nominate an exact date and time of delivery, all deliveries to a nominated address must have an "Authority to Leave" the packages if no one is home to accept the delivery.
Delivery advice COVID-19 update
The delivery network we use have implemented additional safeguards and measures in regard to delivering and collecting consignments. You can view their full statement here, but in short:
1. Drivers are required to attempt and maintain, wherever practicable, a minimum safe distance of 1.5m when delivering and collecting parcels.
2. They will no longer be required to present the electronic mobile device to attain an electronic signature.
i. They will attain acknowledgment of the responsible person's name receipting the delivery.
ii. The device will be signed by our driver using a unique identification number on behalf of the recipient.
iii. For the security of our customers, the event is geocoded, date and time stamped.
Please note we cannot accept a PO box for a delivery address.
After receiving your goods, we ask that you inspect and report any damage within five days of delivery. Please do not attempt to install goods that have been damaged in delivery, as this will void any warranty claim.
If iSeekBlinds is not notified within this period, we cannot be held responsible for the damaged item or replacement cost.
Please take a photo of the damaged goods and send through to firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the damaged areas.
If the box is visibly damaged upon receipt, please refuse delivery and the box will be returned to iSeekBlinds. Please notify us immediately so that we can file a claim with the carrier.
Once iSeekBlinds has received the damaged goods we will immediately repair or re-manufacture your blinds provided the delivery insurance was paid for at the time of purchase (see delivery insurance below).
Delivery insurance covers you against any loss or damage to your order during transit (+2.5%) and is highly recommended for plantation shutters. Plantation shutters are a fragile product, and whilst we take all care and consideration to carefully package them, any damages during transit are out of our control.
The cost of delivery insurance (2.5% of your purchase price of products only) is automatically added to your shipping costs at the time of checkout. This covers you against any loss damage during transit.
If you choose not to take out the delivery insurance, any damage or loss of your goods will not be covered and iSeekBlinds accepts no responsibility or claims.
*Long Length Surcharges
Freight for window coverings is known as 'ugly' freight - our products can't be packed into small square boxes to move automatically down a conveyor belt. Our freight, therefore, requires manual handling and as a result, long length surcharges are applied by the freight companies as per the below. For Plantation Shutter kits, long length surcharges may apply due to the size of the Frames which cannot be split. Please note iSeekBlinds is not in the freight business, meaning we don't profit from freight. All additional surcharges from the couriers are passed on at cost.
For lengths greater than 3000mm - an additional $20 per box may apply
For lengths greater than 4000mm - an additional $35 per box may apply
For lengths greater than 5000mm - an additional $65 per box may apply
For lengths greater than 6000mm - an additional $250 per box may apply