How to Install Double Roller Blinds
Installing your Double Roller Blinds is a super easy!
We are here to help and will be with you every step of the way.
If you have any challenges during installation, please give us a call on 1300 664 257, send us a Quick Enquiry or book in for a personal 1:1 session on line. One of our expert team members will work with you to achieve the stunning results you deserve.
Included with your blinds
Each iseekblinds Roller Blind comes complete with the following supplied items:
Installation Tool Kit - What you will need to install your blinds
- A grey lead pencil
- A small cordless drill to pre drill holes if required.
- Pre drilling your bracket holes will avoid splitting your timber, particularly if you have an older style house. It is also recommended for outside mounts.
- Cordless screwdriver (Recommended)
- Installation Screws
- Installation screws for Timber installation have been supplied with your blind – if you are installing into Masonry or Aluminium, you will need to purchase the appropriate installation screws.
- A step Ladder if necessary
- A Leveler
Organising your Blinds
- Each of your blinds will have a sticker on them detailing the Room name
- Layout each of you blinds in front of the correct window.
- Starting with the first blind, remove the packaging carefully. Make sure you lay the blind down on a clean surface. If your blind is a white colour, it is handy to wear white cotton gloves whilst installing to avoid getting any marks on the fabric. Open the attached bag containing the brackets, screws, ball stops and Child Safety cleat.
- With your blind you will receive two brackets - One male and one female
- The male bracket is used for the chain control side of the blind. The female bracket is used on the neutral or non control end.
- Remove your brackets and screws and place them in front of the window.
You are now ready to install!
How to Install Double Roller Blinds Inside Mount
In this video, Michael demonstrates just how easy it is to Install a Double Roller Blind as an Inside Mount. Michael is using the Top Front double Roller blind bracket in a 'Combination' roll - The front blind is front rolled, the rear blind is back rolled.
How to Install Double Roller Blinds Outside Mount
In this video, Michael demonstrates just how easy it is to Install a Double Roller Blind as an Outside Mount. Michael is using the Top Back double Roller blind bracket. Both blinds are back rolled.
Remember - You are not alone. We are here to help. If you have any challenges during installation, please give us a call on 1300 664 257, send us a Quick Enquiry or book in for a personal 1:1 session on line. One of our expert team members will work with you to achieve the stunning results you deserve.
Roller Blinds - How to remove your blind
Michael demonstrates the simple step to easily remove your roller blind from its bracket. To remove your blind, turn the large clear wheel at the neutral end (opposite end to the chain drive) of your roller blind anti clockwise.
This action will retract the male pin inward and the blind will slide out of the bracket.
Why did my Chain break?
Michael explains the 5 key reasons why a roller blind chain would break.
How to replace a broken Chain
Michael takes you through the 5 simple steps to replace a broken chain
How to fix a 'tight' Roller Blind
It's all about the 'Float' of 1.5 mm. When installing, your roller blind should simply click easily into the bracket. If you are having to use any force whatsoever your blind has been fitted too tight and this will lead to issues such as a broken chain. Before you order new blinds, Michael shares some tips and tricks on how to fix your blinds if you have accidentally mismeasured.
How to retro fit a Spring Assist
iseekblinds recommends a Spring Assist for all blinds greater than 1800 mm in width. A Spring Assist helps the blind glide smoothly up and down and takes about 50% off the weight of the blind. If you get your blinds home and realise you should have ordered a Spring Assist, Michael explains how you can purchase one and retro fit it yourself.