How to Measure Double Roller Blinds
Get Your DIY On!
Measuring for your double roller blinds is so much easier than you think! We have all the tools to teach and guide you through the simple process.
Step 1: Check Measure Work Sheets
Before you start measuring, print off one of our handy Roller Blinds Check Measure Worksheets to record your measurements
Always work from left to right across the window when taking your measurements.
- Always measure in millimetres (mm)
- Always use a steel tape measurer or a laser measurer for accuracy - make sure the tape measure is straight and tight when you take your measurements.
- Remember you can be 1 mm short, but you can't be 1 mm too long.
- Measure all windows, even those that appear to be the same width and height
- Add your room name to each of your blinds as you order them.
- Do not take any deductions (iseekblinds will do this for you)
- Measure at the top of the window frame where the blind is to be installed. This is where your brackets will be placed.
- The measurements provided by you will be taken as the outside edge of the roller blind bracket to the outside edge of the roller blind bracket - not the fabric width.
- In your open living areas, always try to fit your blinds inside the window frame. You will require a window recess depth of at least 100 mm.
- In bedrooms, iseekblinds recommends you use 2 single roller blinds. Inside mount your sunscreen blind and outside mount your block out blind. This will provide you maximum privacy and room darkening.
- All blinds over 1800 mm wide should be ordered with a spring assist. This will ensure your blinds glide smoothly up and down with minimal effort and will limit wear & tear on the components.
- If you live near the coast, order your blinds with stainless steel chains.